More Plums LLC Participant Agreement, Liability Release and Assumption of Risk
In consideration of the services of More Plums LLC, (dba Rough House Sports Bellevue), their agents, owners, officers, affiliates, volunteers, participants, employees and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereafter collectively referred to as “RHSB”), thereby agree to release, indemnify and discharge RHSB, on behalf of myself, my spouse, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
- I acknowledge that my participation in a RHSB game or activity entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the games or activity.
Risks include, among other things, the negligence of other participants or myself, injuries including sprains, fractures, scrapes, bruises and cuts, dislocations, pinched fingers and serious injuries to the head, back, or neck which can cause paralysis or even death. Running, collisions with other participants or objects, falls, trips, and other active movement related incidents can result in serious injury and must be done at the participants own risk. In any event, if you or your child is injured, you or child may require medical assistance, at your own expense. Furthermore, RHSB employees have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant’s health or abilities. They may give incomplete warnings or instructions, and the equipment used might malfunction.
- I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of any risks.
- I hearby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless RHSB from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in RHSB activities or my use of RHSB’s equipment or facilities including any such claims based upon damages caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligent acts or omissions of RHSB.
- Should RHSB, or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
- I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have.
In the event that I file a lawsuit against RHSB, I agree to do so solely in the state of Washington, and I further agree that the substantive law of Washington shall apply that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against RHSB on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein. I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms. I further grant RHSB the right to photograph, videotape and/or record me and/or my child/ward and to use my or my child’s/wards’ name, face likeness, voice and appearance in connection with exhibitions, publicity, advertising, and promotional materials without reservation or limitation. I would like to receive free email promotions and discounts to the email address provided. I may unsubscribe to emails from Rough House Sports Bellevue at any time.